Parasites, commonly thought of as only affecting those in developing countries, actually affect 1 in 6 people in North America and are the most common disease condition in the world. For many chronic conditions this can be the missing diagnosis. For example, amebiasis can be misdiagnosed as Chron's disease, and roundworm can be mistaken for peptic ulcers. IBS, food allergies, and chronic fatigue syndrome have all been found to have parasitic causes.
WHAT IT IS
A parasite is an organism which lives off of a host body, such as humans plants and animals,feeding on the nutrients, cells and organs of the host. Some reproduce by producing thousands of eggs, or simply replicating by cell division, within the host. Living in the body, they often move around and graze, eating cells and draining nutrients from the host’s tissues, while secreting fecal wastes.
Transmitted in a variety of ways,it is likely that everyone is host to some type of parasite. Transmission can occur through ingestion of cysts contained in comtaminated food & water, person-to-person contact, cockroaches, houseflies, etc. as in the case of amebiasis, giardiasis, Some are spread by insect bites, (Chagas' disease, malaria). Most microbial infections come from our food and water sources but can also be transmitted by human or animal contact. Simply petting and grooming our pets can cause infection as parasites’ eggs pass from their fur to our hands, nose and mouth. Some parasites (e.g. pinworms) can even be transmitted through the air and are in the dust we breath. It’s likely, therefore, that those who live in the same household will all have the same parasitic infections, whether they are currently symptomatic or not.
Wide-ranging symptoms can be chronic or acute and include:
BLOOD OR MUCUS IN STOOL
INTENSE ITCHING AROUND ANUS AND /OR NOSE
ABNORMAL VAGINAL DISCHARGE
Unless a lab is is experienced in looking for microbial infections it is highly like that diagnostic tests will miss them because they take so many different forms within their many stages of development. To locate a clinic near you contact the Great Smokies Diagnostic Labratories at: http://www.gsdl.com
Conventional treatment involves the use of parasiticides which are generally very toxic, even in the small doses needed, and thus, must be used carefully. These drugs are also generally specific for only one particular parasitic organism at certain stages of parasitic development. Because of the cunning survival strategies of parasites, and the fact that most are motile, they can quickly migrate from the area of the body that is being treated. Herbal treatments are generally more successful at treating the differing stages of parsitic infection and for dealing with parasites for which there are no conventional treatments available.
Practice good hygeine.
Keep nails short, especially children's.
Wash hands often, especially after using toilet.
Launder bedding often in hot water.
Avoid suspect water sources.
Freeze fish for 24 hrs before eating to kill tapeworms.
PAU D' ARCO
Coconut Oil contains antifungal properties and can be used topically or taken internally.
About the author: Cori Young is an author and herbalist who publishes a line of health & wellness charts which can be seen at http://www.WellnessWallcharts.com